Green Beans Almondine
|Serving Size: 1/2 cup|
|Calories 82||Calories from Fat 63|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 7g||11%|
|this table provides nutrition breakdown for fats|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1g|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 5g||2%|
|nutrition breakdown for carbohydrates|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
|protein nutritional details|
|vitamins nutritional details|
|Vitamin A||7%||Vitamin C||15%|
|daily values disclaimer|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your values may change depending on your calorie needs.|
|Prep Time:||5 Minutes|
|Cook Time:||5 Minutes|
|Serving Size:||1/2 cup|
- Add beans to 6-quart pot of boiling water and cook until bright green, about 2 minutes. Rinse until completely cool in colander, then dry the beans thoroughly.
- In a 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-low heat. Add almonds and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden-brown all over. Transfer almonds to a plate.
- Reduce the heat to low, and add the garlic to the skillet. Stir constantly, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the beans, increase the heat to medium, and cook, tossing occasionally, until crisp-tender and lightly browned.
- Stir in the lemon juice, to taste. Transfer to serving platter, sprinkle with almonds, and serve.
*Journal It!* 1 serving vegetables • 1½ servings fat • 1 serving miscellaneous 3 cups green beans = 1 pound Make Ahead Tips: The beans can be blanched (boiled until barely crisp-tender) up to one day ahead; refrigerate wrapped in paper towels in a plastic bag.