Support and accountability are essential for weight loss success. It’s important to know you don’t have to do it alone! In fact, our research indicates that patients who join the program with a partner lost, on average, 24% more weight than those who did not join with a partner! Proving that getting by with a little help from your friends or loved ones is a good thing! Susan and Alan, a couple who joined the Medi-Weightloss® Program together, understand the power of teamwork. They reached a combined 143-poundƗ weight loss goal and feel better than ever! What Susan and Alan enjoyed most about the program was the ability to lose together. They motivated each other every step of the way and had fun cooking and trying healthy foods. After reaching their goal weight Susan explained, “Medi-Weightloss® has brought us much success. The staff was encouraging and helpful. They taught us how to eat healthier while still being able to go out to restaurants together.”
Feeling inspired by their story? Here are 5 motivational tips to boost each other’s confidence when the going gets tough:
- Be patient with each other. Losing weight isn’t easy, encourage one another and remember that Medi-Weightloss® is here to help!
- Think of exercise as bonding time. Scheduling regular workouts with your weight loss partner will help you stay accountable to each other. Put your weekly workouts in your calendar each weekend and commit to your plan.
- Give compliments. A positive comment or word of encouragement might just be that extra push your weight loss partner needs.
- Cook healthy meals together! Let your creative side take over or simply choose a recipe from the Medi-Weightloss® Signature Patient Website and enjoy!
- Have fun. There are countless ways to have fun and burn calories at the same time. Go for a brisk walk or bike ride with your friend. Join a local ultimate Frisbee team or try hula hooping in the driveway with the kids.