May is National Strawberry month. Let’s celebrate this delectable berry and all the nutrition it has to offer. Strawberries are low in calories, high in vitamin C, and contain antioxidants, which may reduce the risk of heart disease and cancer. Here are five ways you can take your berries from basket to table.
- Use as a topping. Strawberries add the perfect bit of sweet to any salad. Try this Kale, Strawberry & Avocado Salad with Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing.
- Eat gazpacho. Jalapeño peppers, cucumbers, and strawberries unite.
- Make salsa. Serve this sweet and savory salsa with roast chicken, sautéed fish, or grilled pork tenderloin.
- Enjoy a frozen treat. Dip strawberries in yogurt and freeze. This recipe is fast, easy, and delicious.
- Blend it. Add strawberries to one your favorite smoothie or protein shake.
This information is for educational purposes only. It is not intended to be an exhaustive examination of the subject matter nor a substitute for medical advice. Always consult your primary care physician or healthcare provider before beginning any diet or exercise program.